C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:12:32 EST
In a message dated 02/16/2000 9:09:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Did they ever close Heusserman's(sp?) Seafood Restaurant on the inner
 harbor in
 Baltimore?? >>

I'd never heard of this restaurant Bobby, so I decided to make it my personal
mission to find out.  I called information and they didn't have a listing for
Heusseman's.  Then I called my half-sister and her husband, Kitty and Don, to
see if they knew because they have spent a lot of time in Baltimore and the
Inner Harbor over the years.  I spoke with Don and he said he never heard of
Heusseman's either.  The only seafood restaurant at the Inner Harbor he could
think of was Phillips -- hmmm. The plot thickens.

Now I'm wondering...could you be thinking of Hausner's?  The only thing is
that it's not at the Inner Harbor, it's on the East side of Baltimore.
Hausner's has the wonderful mural paintings and the bar on the right-hand
side that's only for men.  I don't know if that's still the case; I haven't
been there for ten years or more.

The humorous upshot of all this is that Kitty and Don now live in Kingsport!
When Don retired, they moved down there from Alexandria and have been there
for about fifteen years.  They still spend more time at the Inner Harbor than
I do though because when they drive up here to see family and friends, they
always go up there too.

Anyway, could you possibly be thinking of Hausner's?