C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:31:26 -0700
First, let me reintroduce myself.  I'm Kendall Corbett, born with
hydrocephalus and CP in 1960.  I was a member of the list several years
ago when my wife (Janet, also born in 1960 with CP) and I first started
dating, got married, and were trying to start a family the "old
fashioned way."  After three miscarriages, Janet and I started exploring
adoption and/or foster parenting as options.  We now have a foster child
in our home that just turned 16.  He would be defined as a "special
needs kid" as well, even without the issues that got him placed in
foster care.

I can second the idea of adopted or foster children driving you just as
crazy as children that are born into your family.

All that aside, having John with us brings opportunities for growth that
I wouldn't miss for the world.

Kendall Corbett
Coordinator of Consumer Activities
Wyoming INstitute for Disabilities - WIND
PO Box 4298
Laramie, WY 82071
(307) 766-2853