C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:38:32 -0500
What are the NY voting machines like?

Here in NC, we still use the punch cards with the little stylus to punch out
the holes with.  Not a problem for me, but I can see it would be awfully
difficult for someone who couldn't use the stylus because of spasticity in the
hands and arms.

A bigger problem for me was the pouring rain and all the mud puddles.
Fortunately I was able to ask a poll worker to bring a ballot out to the car
and I was able to vote in my car. But I felt sorry for the poll worker who was
standing there in the cold rain, shivering with an umbrella over his head!  I
know it was his job but I still felt sorry for him.

Kat