C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordon Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 17:55:27 +1200
>>> [log in to unmask] 08/25/00 05:33 >>>

I once got an autograph at one of the TV studios, from bob Hastings. I was
with a group of cwd and I just went up to him and told him I liked him and he
autographed a record of his.

The local drug store has some really nice helpers, all I have to do is sit in
front of something more than 15 seconds and they are over me asking if I want
anything I can't reach.<<

Thats good - Hmm - havnt had anyone do that "within 15 seconds" before - but then again, i dont go out "shopping" much - I just get things when i want them.

>>I think it's fine to accept what's offered freely.  If you abuse that then
it's pity.

No, you didn't mention a hospital/doctor. ARE YOU OK?

Yep - Im ok now - "IT" happened for the first-time about 2 years ago - then the same thing a few nights ago.. - Does this happen
often  :-

(PS - I can walk - not wheel-chair - YET )

:- I was getting up on (i think it was Wednesday morning) - everythings fine - had a shower & everything - went to my room to get dressed for work, then "IT" happened.

Im not sure how to describe it, - but it seemed like something changed - inside my hips / top of my leg - a HUGE ammount of pain & I had to grab the walls / chairs / anything - just to stay up-right...

I couldnt "walk" normally (I dont anyway :-) - but im talking about how I noremally walk..) - but still got dressed ( to go to the doctor/hospital)..