C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:19:18 -0400
Gordon,

As a lad, my memory was virtaully bullet-proof and I was the envy of the
family because of my ability to recall the tiniest minutae of events.  Now,
at 42, I find that short and long-term memory have degraded
remarkably--especially names and inconsequential events (like, "where did I
place my keys?).

I'm not certain this problem has its etiology with CP.  I do find the pain
meds I take for spasms tend to dull memory.  Stress takes its toll too--the
harder I try to remember to do something, the more difficult it is to
remember.

-Kyle