C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 May 2006 09:14:02 -0400
Ken,

I know this is all tied up in government bureaucracy, but can't you at least
get a lawyer to fight that you were not given the opportunity to present
your side, and, thus, were not given a fair hearing?  To me, I would think
that you could sue them for discrimination!  Can your lawyers find examples
of non-disabled people who have been given disability pay because of rep.
use injury?  If they could find that someone got that and had, say,
arthritis or a broken ankle or wrist, then maybe they could argue that they
sustained an injury or had a disease that caused the rep. use injury and yet
they were granted disability pay.  Then they should have said "Well, they
have arthritis so they couldn't have been hurt on the job" but that isn't
what happens so that would be points for your side.

Or, so you have documentation that you requested adaptations so as not to
aggravate your hands?  If you do, then fight that you requested adaptation
and did not receive it before damage was done...negligence on their part.

You may have already thought of these ideas, but I thought I would throw
them out there in hopes that somehow we can find an argument that woudl help
your case.

Linda