C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cindy Mallory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 09:46:50 EDT
In a message dated 5/11/00 7:54:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< most important reason, according to Dr. Peter
 Newell, coordinator of the organization End Punishment of Children (EPOCH)1,
 is that "all people have the right to protection of their physical
 integrity, and children are people too."2 >>
Trisha,
    To me it is amazing that some people in our society would fight so hard
to end physical punishment, but yet promote abortion. Yet as you quote "all
people have the right to protection of their physical integrity and children
are people too."   Cindy