C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:33:59 +0100
On Wednesday 11 Sep 2002 6:34 pm, Pam Dahl wrote:
> Ken,
>
> While I respect your anger and think the loss of life terrible, I
> believe that violence begets violence. I would like to see the
> cycle broken and real justice prevail on earth (e.g. a more
> equitable sharing of the earth's resources, economic resources,
> etc). I know that this won't happen fully in a fallen world, but we
> could move in that direction being more just in our foreign and
> domestic policies.
>
> my $.02
> Pam

Hear, Hear, Pam.

Why does US foreign aid always have "strings" attached? Aid for trade.
Is that always in the worlds best interest? Should poor 3rd world
countries be growing "Cash Crops" to repay crippling loans, or should
they grow food? Should large multinationals be logging vast swathes
of rain forest with no regard to the change in water tables (todays
forest - tomorrows desert?).

Cheers

Deri