C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2011 20:32:31 -0400
Kathy Jo,

You are a young woman and yes, have mobility limitations because of cerebral
palsy, BUT you should not be eating baby food!  You need occupational and
physical therapy to maximize your mobility and life skills.  You need speech
therapy to learn how to chew and swallow without choking.  You need to see a
podiatrist or orthotist to see what is going on with your feet.  All of
these health issues don't sit well with me, nor make little sense to me.
You should be able to receive these services where you live.  If you can't,
then where you are living is not meeting your personal and health needs!

In my humble opinion, it would seem to me that you are not receiving proper
care.

Linda