C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 06:19:00 -0400
Sorry, Betty, I didn't mean to offend you.  I guess I tend to look at things
from a wider perspective because I've talked to so many people from other
places and I tend to see our problems as not purely American ones but as
part of the world's.  Also, I studied anthropology in grad school, and so
tend to look at American culture and compare it to others.  Once a social
scientist, always a social scientist, I suppose.

It might help to narrow the focus, I agree.  I just wish that we could work
more with the UN agencies such as UNICEF, as well as other international
agencies, and bring in our problems such as children living in poverty into
their fold.  My take on all this is that we are all a part of the world's
population, and anything we do affects all others, maybe not directly, but
it does.

Kat