C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Hasse <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 10:51:30 -0500
Michael Creurer writes:

"...A significant symptom of my depression was that it was difficult for
me to recognize that my cognitive abilities were distorted; I did not
realize that I was experiencing a depressive episode.

"It is very difficult to help a person who does not recognize that he is
experiencing feelings of depression. Therefore, it is very important
that we recognize the symptoms of depression so that we can seek help if
we’re feeling depressed. And, we need to recognize the risks of
depression, experiencing an illness within an illness..."

See the rest of Michael's story
about how to deal with the double whammy,
physical disability and depression,
at http://www.tell-us-your-story.com/depression1.html.

Jim
--