C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2007 10:25:49 -0600
Mike, Meg, and Burke,

Kathie is a major mover and shaker in People First language adoption in the
US, but the organization itself had other, earlier roots.  Here's a link to
a website which gives the history of the organization.

http://www.open.org/people1/about_us_history.htm

Here's a site that lists the People First Chapters in Colorado.

http://www.aclboulder.org/speaking_for_ourselves.htm

Therer's another organization, Self-Advocates Becoming Empowered (SABE)
http://www.sabeusa.org/, which does similar work.  The organizations
"cross-polinate" each other, and there are people who are members of both.

--

Kendall

depends on the unreasonable man.

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950