C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:38:58 EDT
In a message dated 4/10/2002 7:47:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I remember seeing some TV program, I think 60 minutes, where they caught a
> number of people using Handicapped Parking placcards that were not issued
> them. Funny thing is they were working at the Health and Human Services
> building.

Saw it -- good publicity.  A neighbor parked in mine the night before my Mom
died, I came home from hospice not knowing that the car belonged to her.  I
don't pay attention to which vehicle belongs to which neighbor.  At midnight,
I wasn't about to go knocking on doors, which I was not able to do anyway.  I
called the non emergency number of the police department and tried to explain
that there was no close place for me to use as an alternative, and that I
wouldn't be able to get to my own home.  They said they wouldn't tow the car,
but would issue a citation.  I had to go back to hospice to sleep that night.

The next morning I got home to see the ticketed car, but there was a very
close place open so it wasn't an immediate problem.  A few days later, I
found a note on my windshield from the "perpetrator," and that's how I found
out who did it.  She explained that she was very sorry, and that the reason
she did that was because she had post traumatic stress disorder.

Whatever.