C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 01:28:49 -0400
Hi Dina,

I tend to agree with you.  I go to concerts for my favorite singer, and over the
years have met him several times.  Well, ok - enough times he knows me by name.
But the fact is, the very first time he met me, he did more for me than I
believe he was doing for the other people waiting to see him.  We had been told
before going in the room where he was - that we could EITHER have an autograph,
OR have our picture made with him.  As soon as I got in there, his stage manager
at the time, got the camera that my friend was holding, and during my short
visit, I not only got my tour jacket autographed, but the manager made 3 pics of
ME with him.  I tend to think that they probably do a little more for h/p
people.  I don't know that it is a thing of "pity".  I tend to think for Ricky -
it's more of respecting his fans, because he knows we do a lot for him, and in
particular he knows I do a lot for him, running an online mailing list, and
website, etc, and so he'll do a 'little' extra something for me.  This last time
I saw him he was posing for pics, while sitting on this "step" off the side of
the stage.  Most of the people there, were plopping themselves down right beside
or beneath him on the bottom step.  When he saw me coming - he stood up, came
over to me, and said "hi Beth"............  (he also has a niece who is spina
bifida - so I suppose he knows exactly "where I'm coming from".....)

See ya
Beth

--
Don't forget to visit http://rvs.netporch.com/ for RVS fan pics, rvsfans