C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:26:15 +0800
Kathy wrote:

>Man, I wish I could see these films!  I love Bollywood films - saw "Bride &
>Prejudice" the other night which is the Bollywood version of Jane Austen's
>"Pride & Prejudice."  The Mr. Darcy character was no Colin Firth, but in all,
>I thought it wasn't a bad effort at all.
>
>Of course next weekend I won't be doing anything but reading! ;)

Same here!  And I won't be logging on to the net till after I've
finished...  I'm glad that this one won't be as long or longer than the
fifth one, it was really hard to hold.

FYI of everyone on here who needs Braille or audio version , I found
this on the web:

"A press release from Scholastic today says that, in conjunction with
the National Braille Press, they plan to release a Braille edition of
the newest Harry Potter book within a week of its July 16 printed text
release. This is a big improvement over the lag time of months or even
years that many popular novels take in getting a Braille edition, and a
sign that someone has noticed how kids' reading culture works--reading
an OLD HP book isn't any fun when your friends are all reading the
latest. (On the other hand: the Braille edition will be a nine-volume,
eleven-pound stack of books, requiring more than a foot of shelf
space--hardly backpack material.) For Potter fans who don't read printed
text or Braille, there will be an unabridged audio version recorded by
volunteers in a marathon session ON July 16; that should be available
within the week as well."

Rayna