C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 20:41:29 -0400
Hi, Mary Catherine, I'm Kat, one of the list mods and a CP living and
working in NC.  Welcome to the list!

I suggest you get a workup by a neurologist simply to rule out MS,
MD, and yes, even CP.  We have people on this list who were diagnosed
with CP later in life and it doesn't seem to be that unusual.

I am wondering if the reason you don't seem to be able to find a
specific treatment with a PT is because you don't have a specific
diagnosis?  I know that stiffness is stiffness, but it seems to me
that if you were diagnosed, say, with rhuematoid athritis, your
treatment regiem would be different than if you were diagnosed with
MS.  Just a thought.

Personally speaking I find that stress increases my fatigue and
consequently stiffness, and I have found that meditation helps
considerably as does stretching and weight-lifting.  I can say that
the more you move the less stiff you'd be.  So the main thing is, to
keep moving! I know that Mag, a member of this list, will recommend
Feldenkrais and that'd seen to be something to look into.

Kat