C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robin Frisch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 13:45:29 -0500
Hello everyone,
I am thinking of all of you often, though I have not written for a while. Kathy, I am wondering what your experience has been that you can relate to Zach to. I hope things are going well for you now!

I did not want to embarrass Ken, but I do want to thank him publicly, he sent Zach the FDR coin, it meant a great deal to Zach. Zach is still having a lot of ups and downs, he is now on Trieptal for temporal lobe seizures. He is still battling the depression. One of the most wonderful things that came from this list serv was that I have hooked up with another Mom who has become very very important to me. I was just telling her the other day that Zach still has quite a ways to go, for example he used to be so good about writing thank you notes, that has been a struggle lately, as are so many other things he used to do so easily.

He did though, finally write his thank you to Ken, and a few words to the listserv, here's Zach!

Dear Mr. Barber,
I liked the coin  a lot FDR is one of my favorite presidents because he was in a wheelchair like me. I really appreciate you sending it to me. It gave me a lot of hope a happiness Thank you very much.
Sincerily,
Zach

Dear List Serve friends,
Thank you for caring about me and helping my Mom througfh a hard time. I was suprised that there were people out there who could be so good. I want to get better, I hope this new medicine works very soon. I want to help other people too, when I am able to.
Yours Truly,
Zach

I will respond later today to Stephen's note, I am thinking of you all!
Robin