C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 21:51:40 -0500
You know, it's interesting. I was very friendly as a child and while growing
up, but since becoming an adult and living on my own, I've become more wary
of people, for fear they'll take advantage of me.  I am normally quite
easy-going and willing to believe the best of people, but after a few bad
experiences, I'm much more careful of letting strangers onto my turf, so to
speak.

I've never had patience with those who profess that I must be special in
God's eyes because I'm disabled.  To this I say, bullsh-t. I'm disabled, so
what?  That does not make me any more special than anyone else and certainly
not more agreeable to being encroached upon.

Hoo boy, Betty, you opened one of my prime personal soapboxes.

Kat