C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:14:09 EDT
Yvonne,

    Youu have earned my deepest respect as a professional and as a parent.
However,
the changes we see today ar eomstimes cosmetic. Other changes are downright
terrifying. We I went to middle school which was exclusively special
education, I used public transportation and would tranfer downtown. We hung
around places our mothers would not approve. But my point is we never worried
about being abductted or being approached by pervert. A friend and I did see
a prostitute's nude body drug from the river with 38 stab wounds. But even
then, for us downtown was safe. I doubt that the is true now.  If I had a
yound child, I would never let them go the places I went alone. Canada is of
course more civilized then the lower 48, but my point is not all changes in
society are positive one and act to inhibit the development of our children's
independence, whether AB or PWD.

Bobby Greer