C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:17:34 -0400
I've known about this for years, too.  As far as the eugenics movement goes, our local newspaper did an extensive series on the involuntary sterialisation program here in NC, which went on from the 1920s through the 1970s.  Not only disabled people were sterialised but also able-bodied teenagers in juevenile homes and detention halls.  It is a stain on the state's history, but very few people other than those affected knew about it.

The Nazis' involvement has been known for a long time.

Kat