C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:51:00 -0400
No, my net pay does not show my true pay, nor does it show the true
amount of taxes.  I also pay sales taxes locally as well as property
taxes.  My employer pays into my social security as well as
Medicare.  Do I resent the taxation?  No, because without it, other
people would be a lot worse off without local government-sponsored
health care or other programs.

I also donate to charities but I think if there were no social
welfare or other government-funded programs, charities and other non-
profits would not be able to make up the shortfall.  I don't believe
in handouts but I don't believe in abandoning those in need of our
help, either.  Now whether someone decides to accept that help is
their own decision but it should be there if they need it.

Kat