C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:23:18 -0700
  i personally did not suggest it, the one conducting
the interview suggested it. i read the origional
article that kat linked in her post. i immediatly
posted that the article seemed to indicate that the
bbc was as much implicated as the government.
  of course, we all have plenty of sources to read
becouse of the internet and can decide what to think
of the governments involved and also what to think of
all the media outlets.
  in my view there is as much spinning going on by the
media, including the bbc as is going on within the
governments. i do not think i am mistaken and don't
mind saying that the media can and does spin the
"news." to put it bluntly, i trust neither governments
nor media as far as i could toss a bull elephant.
   government spinning, good chance that it is
happening, the media spinning, really good chane that
that is happening too.
  anything i say is only one opinion. they are like
noses everybody's got one.
  hey deri, how many hours are you ahead of the east
coast? if i would not be lazy i could find out, but
easier to ask you.
  hang in there good buddy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/cta/events03/ukpol/iraq/foreign15jul.ram)
> however the Report completely exonerated him and the
> reprehensible behaviour
> of the MOD was strongly criticised.
>
> As far as I'm aware the BBC made no further contact
> with Mr O'Reilly after his
> initial meeting at the end of May, so it is comical
> for anyone to suggest the
> BBC "hounded" the man at all. Although the
> government would love to plant
> that seed in public opinion.
>
> Real Power at the BBC is found at the Middle
> Management layer since the
> program makers/producers have always had editorial
> independence, this
> infuriates whichever party is in power, since,
> unlike other media sources,
> they can't "court" the captain and expect the whole
> crew to toe the line. An
> example of this is the current Communications Bill
> which has been crafted to
> specifically allow Rupert Murdoch to buy a
> Terrestrial Channel (since, under
> current legislation he is banned from owning more
> than a certain % of UK
> media coverage.) I am sure Mr Blair is expecting the
> support of the Murdoch
> stable of Newspapers and TV channels at the next
> Election.
>
> Cheers
>
> Deri
>
> PS I am surprised you didn't include Fox and Sky in
> your list above, both of
> which have recently been caught "fabricating" the
news!!!