C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:30:04 -0400
Hi everyone,

I just thought I would pass along my progress following my hamstring
lengthening this summer...BTW, for the newer folks...I am a 26 year old
5th grade teacher with spastic diplegia...Have been battling tendonitis
in my hips for about 5 years, had a flare up three weeks ago, and am now
just getting back to gait training post surgery...

Anyhow, the good news is that the tendonitis is SLOWLY going away, I am
able to do some gait training, and today at PT I got to 90 degrees in a
straight leg raise (the personal goal I set for myself).  Now, the
therapist held it for all of five seconds as it was a KILLER stretch,
but I did it!!  YEAH! :)

Linda