C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 14:44:05 EST
Hi Tyson-

My name is Anee and I am 20 and attend (starting January 7th) Idaho State
University.  I am a healthcare administration major.  I have mild to moderate
ataxic and athetoid cp and a touch of arthritis and use a scooter or a manule
wheelchiar whenever I have to walk long distances or stand up very long.  I
am majoring in Health Care Administration, and am currently a softmore.

My family lives near dallas texas.  We have 2 greyhounds the we adopted from
a rescue group.  Untill recently I volunteered with the rescue group but I
don't have time since I am getting ready to move up to Idaho to school.

I was mainstreemed all though public school with diffrent levels of support
from special eduction at diffrent times.  I have gone to schools were I am
the only one wiith a disability and the teachers did not know very much about
people with physical disabilities (4-6th grade and 9th-12th grade) and on the
flip side I went to a magnet school for 7 and 8th that was compleetley
wheelchair accessible and there were 13 people with disabilities there along
with about 300 who were not physically disabled.  I was compleetly
mainstreemed there except for study hall which I had because I don;t have
enough stamina to go all day. It was nice to not be the only one in school
who used a wheelchair.  If you haven;t caught on by now my family moved alot
and that was because my dad was in the ARMY.  He now teaches at Baylor
College of Dentristry in Dallas.

I have been going to a comunity college near Dallas since 1997 when I
graduated and am starting at Idaho State in January.

I have been running a website since 1995 called CPIC wich is short for
Cerebral Palsy Info Central.  It keeps me plenty bussy and one day I hope I
can make it into  a real orginization, the trick will be to find funding.  I
love doing the work that CPIC involves even though it pays nothing moneterly
it pays plenty in other ways.  Anyway that's my dream for the future.

My personal homepage is located at
http://www.geocities.com/maxghound/about.html

and CPIC can be found at http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/CPIC.html

I hope that you enjoy C-palsy as much as I have these last 6 years.  I look
foward to getting to know you better.

Yours,
Anee Stanford
Webmaster of CPIC
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/CPIC.html

In a message dated 12/30/1999 11:05:07 AM Central Standard Time,