C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:55:01 -0700
Double Grrrrrrrrr!!

When he's trying to back pedal, he puts his foot in it again.  What about
those of us who were born to mothers who never had abortions?  My mom had
six miscarriages before my sister was born...  I'd bet that some of the
"abortions" referrenced in the articles Marshall quoted talked about
"spontaneous abortions," which is the common diagnostic term for
miscarriages.

"That is unthinkable for me or a member of my family to think that. We
don't," Marshall said. "Children, whether they are wanted, unwanted; planned
or unplanned; conceived in marriage or not; *disabled or normal*; or even
children of sexual assault, all made in God's image. All have civil rights.
All should be protected. Period. End of discussion."

When asked again if they were a punishment, Marshall said, "No, they're not.
They're blessings."

Marshall showed NBC4 several articles from medical journals that he said
supports his belief that abortion can affect subsequent pregnancies a woman
may have.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local-beat/Nature-Takes-Its-Vengeance-84970382.html

--

Kendall