C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"BG Greer, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 10:17:21 EDT
In a message dated 5/2/02 6:10:39 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> Probley a silly observation
>but sometimes I wonder if sport clinics aren't better
>pain managers than pain clinics.

From my days as an athletic trainer, they use opiates. Athletes are pretty
resistant to dopiness because of their bulk and physical fitness. The serious
problem is that they "feel no pain" and can sustain very serious injuries and
not know it. There is a new black market thing called NuBain that body
builders use. A friend of mine got busted for using it in competition.

Bobby