C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. STEPHEN MARGOLIS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 00:14:16 -0400
Mr. van Beusekom,

My problem?  You would be more accurate addressing my problems?  A barrel
full compounding age, mortality, and Cerebral Palsy.  Are you offering a
cure, cures?

My point is aimed at your apparent lack of humor and, perhaps, thin skinned
self importance.

I applaud your technical virtuosity and willing effort to keep the list
functioning.  I do not appreciate your comments about and involvement with
the content of the list membership dialogue.  Nor do I sense you have the
wisdom or maturity to participate sensitively and objectively in our
concerns while attempting to maintain responsibility and objectivity as a
List Owner.

I've been mistaken before.  I would be willing to admit fault now.

You may not agree with me.  Fine.  Perhaps I would do you, my fellows, and
myself better favor to ignore you altogether.

My preference simply is that you not involve yourself in our discussions.
Mostly because the nature of participation confuses and undercuts your
usefulness as a moderator.  You haven't established the bonafides to switch
with integrity and good effect from participant to nonpartisan advisor and
mediator.

Regarding topicality: most of the good people on this list have long
histories of attaining and maintaining balance and order.  Your intervention
on our behalf is virtually superfluous.  You raised topicality previously
and were told the members felt nearly every matter was of interest and
appropriate.  When you stray from your alleged standards, you invalidate
your authority, create the impression of inconsistency and, worse,
unreliability.  When I saw you were discussing what you admit was off topic,
or better, you now acknowledge there's really no on or off topic, I merely
shot a barb at your bare butt.

Lighten up man.  You'll live longer!  Get to be a smelly old fart like me!!!

Best regards.

ISM