C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 11:32:27 -0400
Heather,

Take this for what is is worth too...sometimes schools/teachers
"encourage" parents to do things at home that they don't want to deal
with at school when they know the parent is "motivated".  I've seen
that too many times in my years of teaching.  I forget who said it,
but the suggestion to let the school handle teaching the handwriting
really is a good suggestion.  They know all the goofy terminology to
instruct how to form the letters that they use with the kids to make
it make sense to them.

Linda