C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Schaeffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:01:52 -0600
I went to university and beyond in the late fifties and early sixties.
Througjhout my schooling I always took 4 to 5 courses totaling 15 to 16
credits. At that time I had tol take many required courses such as English
(4 semisters), Social Studies (4 semesters, math, 7 semesters foriegn
language which was horrible for me. I almost flunked French in HS and vowed
I would never take French in College. If I contuued with my French I would
have to do 4 semesters. One year each of art and music history.I was not
required to take gym courses but I had to take academic courses instead.
Computers were non existant and I used an old IBM typewriter or a Smith
Corona to do my homework and either took exended times or dictated my exams.
Some teachers gave me open book exams that I could complete at home.

My "prisons" was Queens College and New York University.

I was a C+ student but I feel that I could have been a B student or higher.

I just completed an Excell course in 8 days with honours and was told that
it took students without a disablity up to a month to complete the course.

Take it or leave it.

Joyce