C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 02:41:23 +0100
On Tuesday 21 August 2007 01:59:39 Tamar Raine wrote:
> anyway, here is a website for flo
> Deri, can the kids drive themselves?
>
> anyway, here is a website for florida travelrs.

Thanks Mags,

Found the website:-

<http://goflorida.about.com/od/allaboutflorida/a/november.htm>

Very good thanks.

I'm hiring 2 vehicles, a 7 seater which my eldest daughter will drive (we can
all fit in that) and a compact for me & Lin (so that the kids can shoot off
on their own and not leave us stranded).

I'm having a lot of bother with AVIS at the moment, I have refused to pay the
remainder of the holiday money until I get written confirmation that the car
hire company will either provide the car with a steering knob or allow me to
fit one that I'm going to take with us.

As soon as they hear the word disabled they reserve me the "hand control" car,
(this is what happened last time I came to USA), in fact I have better
control in my legs than my arms so this is the WORST outcome!!

It occurs to me this could be a problem of language. What do you call a knob
that you fit to the steering wheel to allow you to steer with one hand
(t'other leaning out the window of course - so cool). I've got this vague
feeling you might have another word - "spinner" or something. Its not helped
by the fact that all correspondence is going through my Travel Agent rather
than direct to AVIS.

Cheers

Deri