C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 20:48:05 -0400
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would take a moment to update you on my recovery from
medial and bilateral hamstring lengthening...

I had the surgery on June 24.  Had staight leg casts until yesterday.
Now I am walking with the help of knee imobilizers.  The best part is
that I do not have to use the imob. if I don't want to.  So far, though,
I am not sure enough of my ability to hold myself up so I wear them to
walk.  I will begin PT three times a week here at my apt. hopefully
tomorrow.  Then the painful part begins.

I am just excited because I thought I would not be able to do therapy
until 3 more weeks.  It is quite an exciting time here!  I can touch my
toes for the first time ever.  When they took the casts off, the entire
underside of my legs were touching the table...another first ever
(especially since I was sitting up without anything supporting my back!)

Anyhow, I thought I would share my tiny triumphs.  When I take my first
step without those imobilizers and walker I'll shout for joy so loud
that you all will hear me around the world.

Linda