C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 17:47:39 EST
Hi All-

I really liked the movie The Other Sister witch delt with a young adult with
high-functioning retardation fighting and finnaly succeeding in being
indpendent.  She sure showes her mom a thing or 2.  Nither of the actors play
people with retadation are disabled though.

The only role I have ever seen palyed by someone who really had a/the
disability was that of Chris Berk's Corky in Life Goes On...what a great show.

I am not a big My Left Foot fan as I find it very depressing.

As far as ER--wich I watch every week without fail--I like the way that they
portray the disablity of Dr. Weaver (Laura Innis) as being no big deal, but
don;t perticulary like the chateacter's personality but of course that is the
way shes designed.

Yours
Anee