C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:51:26 -0800
Having arived at the edge of the river, a fisherman
soon realized he had forgotten to bring any bait.

Just then, he happened to see a little snake passing
by who had caught a worm. The fisherman snatched up
the snake and robbed him of his worm.

Feeling sorry for the little snake with no lunch, he
snatched him up again and poured a little beer down
his throat and went about his fishing.

An hour or so later, the fisherman felt a tug at his
pantleg.

Looking down, he saw the same snake...with three more
worms in his mouth.

 When three successful sons were reunited after years
 apart, they discussed the gifts they were able to
 give their elderly Mother.

 The first said, "I built a big house for our
 Mother." The second said, "I sent her a Mercedes
 with a driver." The third smiled and said, "I've got
 you both beat. You remember how Mom enjoyed reading
 the Bible? I sent her a remarkable parrot that
 recites the entire Bible. It took Elders in the
 church 12 years to teach him. He's one of a kind."

 When their mother sent out her thank-you notes, she
 scolded the sons who'd bought her the house and the
 car. But to the third son, she wrote, "Dearest
 Donald, you have the good sense to know what your
 Mother likes..."

   "The chicken was delicious!"