C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:47:01 -0600
Friends,

I wasn't going to announce this until it was officially ready, but as some
of you know I'm involved in augmentative and alternative communication
(communication devices with voice output).  For nearly 10 years I have
subscribed to ACOLUG the augmentative and alternative communication
discussion group out of the Disability Institute at Temple University.  At
first, ACOLUG was powerful in the AAC community, people learned a lot about
AAC but recently ACOLUG has gone down hill with unnecessary chatter, so I
decided to start my AAC-List on ICORS.ORG, I got permission from ICORS.ORG.
They installed the necessary configurations, and it looks fairly simple to
use, but I'm wondering if you can offer me any tips.

I created this description.

AAC List

Greetings, I'm Anthony Arnold, a augmentative and alternative communicator
from Grand Forks North Dakota.  I have cerebral palsy, which affects both me
physically as well as my ability to communicate.  I have used some type of
augmentative and alternative communication for 25+ years, over which time I
developed an interest.

I'm beginning the AAC List on ICORS.ORG (a non-profit organization that
hosts discussion groups concerning disability/health issues).  My hope is
that the AAC List becomes to be a discussion group that's  open to
augmentative and alternative communicators, family members, university
students and current professionals working in the field to both gain and
exchange knowledge about augmentative and alternative communication.  The
AAC List has no ties to any commercial companies, so I want subscribers to
feel free to discuss any type of communication system.

All topics discussed on the AAC List must pertain to augmentative and
alternative communication, education and therapy.  Personal attacks on
people, products and/or companies won't be allowable and subscriptions will
be terminated without warning and explanation.

It's my hope that you become an active member of the AAC List!

Thanks,

Anthony Arnold

What else should I prepare for?  Do you have suggestions for the welcome
message, the farewell message and the message to new subscribers?  Once I
get everything organized, it should be fairly easy.

Thanks,

Anthony

 <http://www.anthonyarnold.net> www.anthonyarnold.net

(I blog)