C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 23:38:12 EST
It sounds like a DC date to me!

There is supposed to be something at the Holocaust Museum about disabled
people being killed.  I said I was going to go tomorrow but this hasn't
turned out to be a good week at all and I don't think I will be able to go
anywhere.  Eventually I will go there though.
Betty

In a message dated 12/05/2000 9:14:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  << I would love to hang out with you Betty--2 years ago when the same
>   conference was in DC Trish & Amber came & had lunch with us. I only had
>   Sarah with me then..but I think it is Columbus day Weekend this year--so
>   both kids want to come..so I will drive this time.  We can make plans
closer
>   to the date...    Joy
>
>  >  I would like to meet up with you all too. I've always wanted to see the
>  Holocaust museum. I couldn't understand how the Germans would stand by and
>  allow such murder. Actually, more non-Jewish people were killed than
Jewish.
>  It wasn't until recently, that two people explained how this happened to me
>  and a book has been written from the German's perspective.  The German
> people
>  were persecuted too. The disabled disappeared, as well as the elderly. One
>  person(a psychologist) told me how an adult man never saw his brother
again.
>  Apparently, his brother was a young boy in school and had a malformed hand.
>  The authorities removed the boy from his German family and told them that
he
>  had to go to a special school and he was never seen again.  The German
> people
>  lived under fear in a chaos government, where they and their families would
>  be put to death very easily. But I can't speak for the people in authority
>  who carry out the crimes.  My grandmother's family left Germany when Hitler
>  came into power. I believe most of their possessions stayed in Germany.
>  Anyways, I would like to bring my 15 year old daughter too, but will leave
> my
>  9 year old son with his father to tour something else as one has to be at
>  least 13 to enter. By the way, what do they discuss at NORD conferences?
>         Cindy

Betty
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
"I will either find a way or make one."