C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:31:27 EST
Hey everyone,

I need some help and advice from those of you who have fine motor limits.
How do you handle picking up coins (or bills, for that matter, but especially
coins) to pay for something or get change?

My Ryan is learning second grade money math, which includes knowing the least
amount of coins to use to buy something and how much change you will receive.
 He can work this out like a whiz kid on worksheets and using his Dynavox.
However, he has much trouble when it comes to doing it with actual money.
Typically, many children have trouble with that skill.  As you all know, it gets
even harder when your hands and fingers don't work the way you want them to
work!

Does anyone have any advice to help me accomodate the fine motor portion?

Thanks so much,
Wanda