C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judi Kloper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 02:34:55 EDT
to all of you who wrote off and on list, thanks for your congrats (which I've
forwarded on to Dana) on our son's upcoming graduation.

Dana is going to attend the local community college, which has a dual
enrollment program with the university (Oregon State).  He wants to study, lo
and behold, NUTRITION, since becoming interested in it last year when the
doctors wouldn't do his surgery till he gained weight and the nutritionists
put him on more high calorie diets...(not too effective: he's 18 and weighs
only 54 pounds...o well, partly cus he's E. Indian and partly cus of his cp,
that's why he's so small).

so anyway, he's become interested in nutrition.  however, his MAIN goal is
and has been since he was 4, is to be a coach of some sports team.  this is a
kid who's never been able to participate in all the sports he loves, since he
is totally quad.  But he read about Coach Doug Blevins, the kicking coach of
the Miami Dolphins, (I don't know if Coach B. has CP but he has some severe
condition...maybe some of you can tell me) and he wants to be like him.  He
called him, (we were lucky to have connections and connections of
connections) and finally made contact, playing phone tag now, but the coach
invited Dana down to Miami to come watch, and he'd give Dana advice on how to
pursue his goal..

Thanks for your congrats.
from proud mama,
judi