C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 17:49:28 -0600
To add to what Beth said (and Beth or somebody correct me if I'm wrong
here), there's some place also called "Protection and Advocacy" which offers
free conciliations to anyone with a disability and/or their family members
to learn about rights and basically to friendly look out for them.  I have
worked with mine here before with different issues, and I'm sure if they
were asked to, they would go accompany a parent to their child's IEP.
Speaking of IEP's, that's also one of your parental rights, you can invite
somebody to accompany you to the meeting.  But however I would suggest
taking somebody respectable and not a lawyer.

Thanks,
Anthony

Visit me at http://www.ara1.net