C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 08:44:00 -0400
Just thought I'd add to Mag's list of tips, if that's okay.

When you plan out where the furniture goes put Post-it notes on the wall ("Sofa goes here",etc.) - then if you're tied up with something the movers know where to put everything.
I also pack a box with essentials that I keep with me. Mag mentioned the toilet paper. Also, a place setting of cutlery and dishes, toiletries, Tylenol (I never fail to have a headache on moving day,lol), quarters for a payphone, change of clothes, towel. I never count on having anything organized by bedtime the first day. There always seems to be some little glitch to mess things up!

Good luck!

Yvonne
Veteran of 15 moves in 37 years!

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/14/00 10:19PM >>>
Cindy,

some advice;

Tape all boxes on all 4 sides, so boxes don't break. Also keep boxes light
enough for the average person to lift.  label EACH BOX ON AT LEAST 2 SIDES so
you know what's in each box.

Go to the apartment the day before to plan where things are going to go,
also, real important! Take toilet paper and paper towels so you don't spend
half the night opening boxes looking for the TP!

Have the movers put books And other non essential boxes in the truck first.
You don't want to pay them extra just to move boxes three or 4 times to get
furniture in.

Mag