C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Salkin Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:13:58 -0400
My second take (after waking up from a long nap! :-P)

When I was in college and grad school, I worked with campus feminist groups;
since both campuses were accessible, access was never an issue.

In dealing with women who aren't feminists, the most common reaction I've
gotten goes along the lines of something like, "Oh really?  I would've
thought your parents would've had something to say about it ( being a
feminist) or "I didn't think you could be a feminist," meaning since I'm
disabled, I'm not supposed to be one. <snort>.  But I get that reaction when
certain idiots learn I'm liberal.  LOL

Kat