C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 12:21:13 -0400
Hi Marilyn,

I'm 17 with spastic diplegia CP.  I'm also pretty bright (National Merit
Scholar, not to brag), so I know what your daughter's going through.  I've
been lucky to find a great group of friends who can see me, not the
wheelchair.  I'm going to college in the fall (George Washington
University), and I'm hoping that as guys get older, I'll have more luck on
the boyfriend front.  Forgive me if I'm stepping out of line here, but has
your daughter ever seen a psychologist?  I did for about two years, and that
(along with Paxil, an anti-anxiety/depression medication) helped a lot.  I
don't know of any teenage discussion groups like this, but if there's
anything else I can tell you that would help, please let me know.  I'll be
sending good vibes to you and your daughter.

~Joy~

http://www.geocities.com/joy0823
Last Movie Seen: "Anywhere but Here"
Now Reading: "Dead Even" by Brad Meltzer