C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 22:25:53 +0100
On Monday 22 September 2008 21:11:52 ken barber wrote:
> the main point of focus here was that unless one was under 50 there would
> be no part privatised. not one person drawing social security today wou;d
> have been effected at all.

Help!! I'm all confused now!! The article Ken originally posted said you had
to be born before 1950 to be exempt from Bush's privatisation scheme, so that
means you'd be 59 this year to be exempt but Ken says above that its under 50
(i.e. 49)!!

In the UK women get their state pension at 60 (don't know about the States),
so to me it looks like Obama was 1 year out not the 11 Ken would like you to
think.

I am certainly not in favour of private pensions invested in the stock market.
8 years ago my pension was estimated at £29k a year at 65, last year it was
estimated at £10k, and goodness knows what it'll be worth now. ;-)

Cheers

Deri