C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 15:10:03 EDT
Hi my friends-

Well, still sweltering down here in Texas as is usual for this time of year.
The new medication that Dr. Billy put me on has my BP down to 134/86 so
that's great news.  Now we will see if it stays this way.  I hope it will.  I
shall be interested to see what Dr. Joseph's reaction to all this will be.
He was about to do an EKG and put me on meds again anyway---this little trip
and a very aggressive doctor just popped up in the course of things.
Actually they are both very agressive there have just been so many problems
since all this hypertension started and it takes a while to rule stuff out
and find meds that work and such.

I just found out that my good friends that I have known for 10 years who live
in Pocatello where I go to school are moving the end of August.  They are
going back to Germany.  He is a social worker and got offered a job working
with the special education sevices in the department of defence schools over
there so I am both happy and sad about this of course.  This came up very
fast and I shall miss them but there is always e-mail.

My Mom just came in and said she is running up to visit with my grandparents.
Her dad is in the end stages of prostate cancer, elier this year he had a 3rd
hart atack due to being on interferons for cancer treatment, this piticular
interferon is counterindicated in patients with preivous heart disease as
well as liver disease (he has Hep-C), he also had septicimia elier this
year--I am personaly amazed he is still alive but I guess when he is ready to
go he will go.   That is one thing that I have learned over the years is in
these cases you don't die until you except that you are going to die which he
has not done unfourchently.

Yours,
Anee