C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cindy Mallory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:19:01 EST
Hi Jessica,
PA offers better services! CP children are covered with Access medical
insurance usually within a month of applying. In York, services were decent for
 speech, PT, OT in early intervention until child turns three then services
are  limited! For long term care, there is a home called Margaret Maul
(sp?) where Cp  children can live once they reach adulthood upon acceptance. My
friend has her  son there; he started living there in his early 20's, I
believe. He is  completely dependent for care and it was getting difficult for
parents with  constant care. You may need to consider moving where therapy is
available, if  economics is an issue. We did pay for PT out of pocket after
age 3 to receive  good therapy because what we were offered for free was
pitiful! But we did  continue speech and Ot for while. Once our son was school
age though we even  paid for speech out of pocket to receive best services
possible.

In a message dated 3/11/2010 3:00:42 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,