C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordon Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:53:34 +1200
>>> [log in to unmask] 09/13/00 12:21 >>>

Christine,

I have a 34 month old son, and have been exactly the same route that you have
been.  I have had so many different opinions about everything that it makes
my head spin.  I have stopped listening to anyone who indicates that my son
is below par cognitively because we know what we see at home and what's he's
capable of.   You have to trust your gut feeling and believe in your child.
In the meantime, do everything you can to stimulate him intellectually - one
day he'll prove that dr. wrong.  I love the look on people's faces when they
see my son do something that they think he's not capable of doing.  Just
because he can't physically stack blocks doesn't mean there's not tons of
stuff going on in there!
<

right on Kimberley - keep going.. - Although some people think im "dumb" (before they get to know me) - My dad bought be a computer when i was quite young, & I developped a strong ability for numbers, & maths, computers etc..

Just because we cant do something (physical) - Of our mind, there are no limits to our abilities..

Just keep stimulating his mind (even at this young age) - teach him maths etc.. - dont wait till the normal school age to start - teach him early - ...

Ive seen some very young kids do/know some amazing things..

gordon.