C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yvonne Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 22:56:25 EDT
In a message dated 4/14/01  11:20:28AM, you write:

<< Everyone please join in wishing Happy Birthday to :

     ANTHONY & BOBBY CRAIG.....They are 4 years old today!

 Have FUN & be sure to save us some cake, Yvonne. :) You two have the honor of
 being the first to receive greetings since the start of the birthday list!

 Enjoy your special day.

 Your friends on the CP List >>

THANK YOU for the birthday greetings for the boys!!! We had a four-year-old
party yesterday with 4 guests, balloons, streamers, hot dogs, cake, ice
cream, THE WORKS!!! (Sending you all a virtual piece of cake - white with
vanilla frosting - a Thomas the Tank Engine theme!) I have to say my husband
and I were exhausted afterward. Keeping 5 four-year-olds happy for 2 1/2
hours is NOT easy... but we survived (so did the kids and the house, lol) and
the boys had a blast. Then the Easter Bunny today... I can't wait til
tomorrow, lol - they will definitely be looking for more "presents".  :-)

On another note, Anthony finally had his Botox done this past Wednesday. He
got 7 injections into the muscles of his right arm/hand (his most affected
limb) and one in his left thumb. It was done under general anaesthetic so the
doc could be as precise as possible. Anthony did great for the whole thing
except waking up in recovery. The poor little guy had a bizarre emotional
reaction - terrified and screaming for 20 minutes then sobbing for a half an
hour. It was awful. His first words were " Go Home!" It broke my heart. :-(
But after a that he was his old self - no pain, or fever or anything -
happily watching Teletubbies and eating cookies and milk! I think he may be
using his thumbs a bit more today and his right hand seems to be looser...
Maybe wishful thinking... we'll see...

I will try to post more often. I have been sooo busy the past few months and
I apologize for neglecting my on-line friends recently. I try to keep up with
the e-mails but even that is hard most days. :-)

Again, thanks for remembering our boys on their special day! I love this
list!!

{{{hugs}}} to all!

Yvonne
Mommy to Anthony (CP), Bobby and our Angel, Joey (CP +)
Ottawa, Canada