C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathleen Salkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 23:09:29 -0500
They reattached a muscle in my  right foot so I would walk flat on
the sole but they also had to remove a bone that had grown crooked
because the spastic muscle had pulled the growing bone the wrong way
- at least that's how it was explained to me at the time. (I'm sure
Beth would be able to explain it better than I) - it wasn't exactly
the same thing as cutting a tendon but I have to tell you, it only
made things worse in the long run - my foot was weakened and my
balance got worse.

Kat