C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 22:59:02 EDT
I was reading the AP article written by Jim Fitzgerald about Cardinal
O'Connor's funeral and got to this part:

"A one legged boy, 8-year-old Alexander Garrett, propped himself up on his
crutches and stood clapping in the aisle as the casket went past."

Is it me, or did this guy totally miss the disability awareness segment in
journalism school?

Also, did I spell saccharine correctly?  I am looking at my dictionary. I
wish it to come but alas, it flies not.