C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 14:42:13 EDT
In a message dated 04/21/2001 9:43:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I agree.  Banter's fine.  I and some others felt it was getting just a
>  bit too much.  As you know I'm inclined to offer an opinion now and
>  then.  :-)  We less effusive types also have our purpose and impact on
>  CPL.

That makes a lot of sense to me.  So when people are unhappy with other
people's behavior on the list, let's bring it out in the open.

Steve, when you say "I and some others," we don't know who the others are,
and if they don't say something directly, they can't effect change.  It's
also unfair for them to expect you to speak on their behalf.  Moreover,
therein lies a clique, no?  And in all honesty, you have now advertised that
you are part of that clique.

Perhaps there was some legitimacy in approaching another, not dissimilar list
issue with subterfuge, but there is none now that I can see.  I am now forced
to conclude that this is the way change is generally accomplished on this
list.

If so, let's stop this secret squirrel stuff here and now.  That's how I
vote.

I will give you the credit for being the person who was willing to take all
the shots, but when somebody complains to you next time, you might want to
tell them to do their own talking.

Betty