C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 06:41:48 -1000
I hope the Hawaiians get their lands back. There is one island where
no one who was not born there or has relatives is allowed to go. It
is protected. One friend of mine told me an awful story about his
family having their very name made kapu because they fought against
the missionaries. They lost all their land as his great great
grandmother was very high in the Hawaiian system. Only recently has
this been changed and now his family name is on highway signs that
used to say Barbers Point only, now say Kealoloa (sp?) as well. It
was an amazing story.